Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should permissions be set for our Bamboo server to be able to deploy to its target?

Dave Grandon December 11, 2018

We have always historically been able to deploy to our S:\Shortcuts folder but since we upgraded to the latest version of Bamboo (server based), we have been unable to deploy to the shortcut directory. I know the bamboobuild.xml is coded correctly as if I point it to a location on another drive, this time on our development server, the Shortcuts get deployed correctly. We check the directory exists first and despite the fact it is physically there 

<if>
    <available file="${env.bamboo_shortcut_dir}" />
    <then>
        <copy todir="${env.bamboo_shortcut_dir}"> 
             <fileset dir="${application.files.base.dir}\@{dir}\client" casesensitive="no">
                <include name="CreditSolve -*" />
                <include name="CopyData -*" />
                <include name="PROFILER*" />
             </fileset>
        </copy>
    </then>
    <else>
       <echo message="** WARNING - SHORTCUTS WERE NOT DEPLOYED **"          />
    </else>
</if>

I continually get informed that the directory is not there ( I have tried adding the type 'dir' as well). This is incredibly frustrating so thought I would ask the question here.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2018

Hi @Dave Grandon,

What happens if you navigate to the build/deployment folder, where your bamboobuild.xml script is located and manually run the ant script? (I suppose you are using ANT, right?)
(i) You should see the command you need to run at the build/deployment logs

If it succeeds, please try:

1. Disable the ANT task
  2. Configure a script task before it with the command you were running in the terminal
  3. try another build

If it runs properly we might need to investigate the Bamboo task to discover any possible bug on it.

If it fails, you are probably hitting a permission issue and then I would suggest you to review the user running Bamboo, comparing it with the one running on terminal.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events