Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I share complete directory with another stage?

Jason Templeman March 25, 2019

I have a Bamboo plan where I get our source repository via git and compile our image (on a Linus system).  The problem is I have a test that needs to run in a separate stage which needs access to not only various files in the source directory but I just found out that it needs to make some specialized images as well (i.e. access to make).  I originally shared out either individual files (via artifacts) using the exact directory and wildcard like *.json for the file or a whole directory (e.g. ** or **/*).  These have been working but since I now have to access the complete file structure as I need to do a make I want to share the whole structure.  I've tried "my_repo/" with "**/*", "." with "**/*" among others.  Seems like nothing I try has worked as I keep getting something like java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException.  Can someone please share the secret as to how I can share the complete directory structure I checked out and build in my previous stage? 

I prefer not to tar the entire structure but if this is the only way then can someone please share the command needed as well as the directory I need to be in (do I need to go up one level in order to get everything).   Also how would I untar this in the next stage?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2019

Tested the following Artifact definition works fine:

• Name - allFiles
  • Location - 
  • Copy pattern - **/*

There is no need to set anything in the field "Location".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events