It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I share complete directory with another stage?

I have a Bamboo plan where I get our source repository via git and compile our image (on a Linus system).  The problem is I have a test that needs to run in a separate stage which needs access to not only various files in the source directory but I just found out that it needs to make some specialized images as well (i.e. access to make).  I originally shared out either individual files (via artifacts) using the exact directory and wildcard like *.json for the file or a whole directory (e.g. ** or **/*).  These have been working but since I now have to access the complete file structure as I need to do a make I want to share the whole structure.  I've tried "my_repo/" with "**/*", "." with "**/*" among others.  Seems like nothing I try has worked as I keep getting something like java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException.  Can someone please share the secret as to how I can share the complete directory structure I checked out and build in my previous stage? 

I prefer not to tar the entire structure but if this is the only way then can someone please share the command needed as well as the directory I need to be in (do I need to go up one level in order to get everything).   Also how would I untar this in the next stage?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Tested the following Artifact definition works fine:

• Name - allFiles
  • Location - 
  • Copy pattern - **/*

There is no need to set anything in the field "Location".

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Unable to add or edit Bitbucket Cloud repository in Bamboo

On 31 May, a GDPR-related change went live in the Bitbucket Cloud API that resulted in users not being able to create or edit Bitbucket Cloud Linked repositories in Bamboo. This API update removed t...

663 views 2 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you