How do I have a file show up in the artifacts tab of a build job?

Raul Alicea January 11, 2019
The Bamboo build job is a Bash script.

2 answers

0 votes
Raul Alicea January 14, 2019

I tried that. Did not work. 

Will artifacts be saved on branches?

Trying with the option of "Clean up branch automatically" unchecked, to see if that is the issue.

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2019

Hi @Raul Alicea

• Have you found any errors in the build logs?
    This is the page for the build logs:
    http(s)://<BAMBOO_URL>/browse/<BUILD-KEY>/log
  • In the build log you will be able to find the build working directory. It should be a line like:
    simple 07-Jan-2019 14:01:31 Build working directory is <YOUR_PATH>
    Please navigate to this directory and check if the files used to create the artifact are really there.
  • Please share here your artifact definition configuration. I'll need to check what is the copy pattern used.

Please try to answer in this same thread to avoid multiple separated answers.

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2019

I also forgot to answer your question.

Will artifacts be saved on branches?

Yes, every plan branch will have it's own artifacts.

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
January 14, 2019

Hi @Raul Alicea,

You will need to create an artifact definition at Plan Configuration >> Job >> Artifacts >> Create artifact as described in Configuring a job's build artifacts - Atlassian Documentation.

The artifact definition will basically tell what will be the artifact name, where the files will be located and which ones should be copied.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events