Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Create a Bamboo Specs project WITHOUT using Maven Archetype?

Shadowdust March 3, 2021

Assuming there is a firewall preventing me from simply running the command listed in the tutorial:

mvn archetype:generate -B \
    -DarchetypeGroupId=com.atlassian.bamboo -DarchetypeArtifactId=bamboo-specs-archetype \
	-DarchetypeVersion=6.2.1 \
    -DgroupId=com.atlassian.bamboo -DartifactId=bamboo-specs -Dversion=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT \
    -Dpackage=tutorial -Dtemplate=minimal

How do I create a manually Bamboo Specs project? I assume it can be created manually, but I cannot find a description of the directories and files that are expected. I'm sure I'm not the first person to hit this problem, but I'm not having any luck finding an answer.

1 answer

1 vote
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2021

Hi,

I think the easiest way is to find some examples on GitHub or Bitbucket and adjust for you needs.

This for example should get you started: https://github.com/Gpkmr/bamboo-specs/blob/master/pom.xml

Note how the specs project is inside 'bamboo-specs' folder. That's how it's supposed to be organized if you want Repository Stored Specs to work.

That being said, wouldn't the same firewall rules that prevent you from using Maven Archetype also prevent you from downloading Java Specs dependencies? Which would be awkward, as you wouldn't be able to compile your specs locally before committing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events