Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I zip/tar a build log to store as an artifact for users to download?

Jason Templeman March 30, 2018

We have remote users in India and it takes a long time for them to view or download the logs after a build.  I would like to zip these and store as an artifact so they will be smaller therefore quicker to d/l.

2 answers

1 vote
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

Hi Jason,

It is quite achievable but the only possible way that I could think of doing this by making use of a script to copy the build logs (or any other data as per the requirement) in the build working directory and then using the artifact definition.

Just to give you hints:

* We can make use of bamboo variables here.

* Build logs are stored in <Bamboo-Home>/xml-data/builds/<plan>/download-data/build-logs/

Thanks,

Robhit

0 votes
Jason Templeman September 11, 2018

Sorry for the long delay but it too me this long to get our IT department to give me an account to use to access the shared drive.  

I'm running into issues and was wondering if you can provide a little more guidance.

net use and net view are not available so looking into another way to get to the data.  Any ideas you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Shared drive is \\<bamboo server>\Worksoft\??? (can't see any further with my account)

and is only accessible from a single account which I have been unable to use to map to the share in order to dive deeper into the directory structure on my Windows machine as it says it is already mapped.  Net use on my Windows machine is giving System error 67 - network name cannot be found.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events