How can I start the Bamboo local agents automatically

Miguel A_ Moreno April 4, 2022

Hi all,

I will explain my case so that the context can be understood.

My company over the weekend, for cost reasons, shuts down several AWS instances, including the one containing the Bamboo database. On Monday this server is turned back on but the local agents stay in the Offlline state.

I understand this status change is due to downtime.

Is there a way to extend the downtime time configured for agents?
If it is not possible, is there a way to automatically activate them without having to access the Bamboo console?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2022

Hello @Miguel A_ Moreno

In Bamboo, local agents will be put offline after hitting 10 errors (this value is hardcoded), so once your database is offline, there will be no easy way to recover from the errors.

Ideally, it would be better if you could also shut down Bamboo before your DB server is put down, and start Bamboo only when it is back. This will allow you a seamless recovery of your previous state and also prevent further application/db sync issues.

Depending on what version of Bamboo you are running, you can also use the REST API to issue certain agent online/offline commands.

For example:

It is also recommended that you consider using Remote Agents as they are resilient and can survive a Bamboo Server outage.

Regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

Miguel A_ Moreno April 5, 2022

Hello @Eduardo Alvarenga 

Thank you very much for your answer. It seems to me that the most logical option is to shut down the Bamboo server.

Greetings!

0 votes
Reneesh Kottakkalathil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2022

I had a similar problem. Any idea where the local agent path on the server?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events