Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I manage PEM keys and other kind of files as variables for my pipelines in bamboo?

Maik April 9, 2020

We want to store PEM keys and other kind of files as global variables in bamboo so we can access to them in our pipelines. 

We would like to know the best practices or the best way to achieve this, since the global variables in bamboo are just for storing plain text and I can't seem to find other solution than just pasting the key or the certificates in the variable.

I have already done this in jenkins with secret files variables (example), i don't know if there's an equivalent in bamboo right now.

Any tips or recommendations? Thanks in advance :)

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 9, 2020

Hi Maik, secret files variables seems to be pretty closed to read variables from a file using a 'key=value' format described on Configuring a variables task page.

Does this help you in any way?

Regards

Maik April 16, 2020

Hello Jack. It is certainly a nice feature, I didn't knew about this. This can help me with text variables like credentials. But I also need a way to store files (.PEM for example) as Variables :( I will keep looking for a solution.

Thank you for your time! Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events