High availability for bamboo frontend

Shailesh Tiwari October 3, 2011

Hello,

How do we make bamboo frontend application highly available? Can we run 2 web frontends and point to a single DB in the back?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2011

Can we run 2 web frontends and point to a single DB in the back?

You can't - the frontend is not only a frontend by also the server side of Bamboo. So, you could set up two servers, but only if you set up one of them to cold standby. If you want to do this, remember that you also need to synchronise the FS data between primary and secondary server.

So there will not be an automatic failover in the case of failue of main server. do you have a detailed doucment about how to go about it?

Thanks

Can you also tell me what is FS data ? I am still new to bamboo servers and trying to get my hands around it.

Thanks for your help.

0 votes
Eclipse Trading May 19, 2014
0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2011

AFAIK, there's no document about high availability for Bamboo. FS data is filesystem data. Some of the data is kept by Bamboo in its home directory. You need to make sure that this data is in sync with the backup server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events