Forcing child plan to get latest revision from svn

Hello,

Is there an option to force child plan to get the latest revision from svn? I am checking code in parent plan and want child plan to get the latest from svn.

Thanks

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You need to trick Bamboo into thinking these plans use different repositories - for example, by using IP instead of the host name as repository address in the child plan. Or you could specify the port number explicitely in one of the plans:

plan1: svn.host.com/repo/path

plan2: svn.host.com:80/repo/path

I tried the options but it is not working. It is still checking out the old revision

<label id="fieldLabelArea_bambooVersion" for="bambooVersion">I am using following version:</label>
<label id="fieldLabelArea_bambooVersion" for="bambooVersion">Version </label>3.2
<label id="fieldLabelArea_bambooBuildNumber" for="bambooBuildNumber">Build Number </label>2600

Which Bamboo version is that?

No. I only see following line

Updated source code to revision: <same revision number as parent>

Do you get the line: "Detected that parent plan XXX using the same source. Updating to" in the build log?

Depending on your use case, maybe adding a script task set to "inline script" that does svn up would do the trick?

Just to make sure: what do you mean by child and parent plans? You have two jobs in separate plans linked together with plan dependencies?

That is correct. I have 2 seperate plans linked via dependency.

Based on my experience, having a build plan commit to the repository is almost always a reciipe for trouble, and something that I rarely, if ever, allow anyone to request in the build system I manage. If there is any way to avoid making commits during a build, I would urge you to do so.

I agree with you. This is a custom solution for one project and I am unable to find any other way at this time.

Options given below do not work. And I couldn't find any other way to make this work.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 2 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

5 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you