Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast track hotfix branches through Stash and Bamboo

Richard Cross November 23, 2015

We've got a setup in which our master branch is always ready to release, and developers create temporary branches per JIRA for their fixes.  Master branch requires a pull request, and therefore nobody can push directly to it.  Pull requests currently require a successful branch build in Bamboo, as well as a peer-review, before we can merge into master branch (which Bamboo then builds and deploys).

I'd like to set Stash/Bamboo up so that a hotfix branch can be merged straight to master, which Bamboo builds tests and deploys without running a branch plan.  Is this possible?

I haven't been able to find a way to create an exception to the rule that requires pull requests for master branch.  Similarly, I'm not sure how to get Bamboo to ignore branches beginning /hotfix (there's no "Do not create plan branches matching" rule).

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2015

Hello @Richard Cross,

You can use regular expression to avoid creation of new branchesnew_branch_regexp.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events