Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't fail task if Junit Test Results are not found

schow-lmi3d October 28, 2019

Is there a way to allow JunitTest Results Task to not fail if no test results are found?

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2019

Hi @schow-lmi3d,

I don't believe this is an option without disabling/removing the JUnit Parser task from the Build plan.

At the same time, I believe the main purpose behind this is that if it can't find the test results the assumption is that something went wrong with the way they were executed, or the build plan has been incorrectly configured when it comes to the location of those results.

If you really don't care about the results being displayed in the build maybe removing the task might be the best option for you.

schow-lmi3d October 29, 2019

I do care about the results being displayed but I also want the option to not care at the same time.

The reason is because I wanted to add a variable that controlled if a set of test run or not. In the script task that starts the test runner, I added an if statement that runs the tests if the variable is equal to a certain value and not run otherwise. The problem I'm facing is that the junit parser always fails the job if tests are not found... 

Is there another way of doing this?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

Hi @schow-lmi3d,

If you check out the answer here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bamboo-questions/Conditionally-Skip-Tasks-in-Bamboo-Build/qaq-p/259368

You'll see the suggestion from the Atlassian team indicated that this is not possible today, but there is an open feature request for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-11257

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events