Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do the Build trigger condition work for you on Bamboo 3.4.3?

Kepio February 23, 2012

I can't get the default trigger condition : Only run Build if other Plans are currently passing to work on my manual plans.

I setup a manual build strategy with a trigger condition pointing to a top level plan - I made sure the last build on the other plan had failed and then requested a build on the current plan. The plan still gets executed without checking the other plan status.

As a side note, I did not set any dependencies between the 2 plans - other than speficying the plan key.

I opened a BAM defect ticket (since it's blocking our builds), but I was wondering it it worked for you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kepio February 25, 2012

Brydie answered my question in the BAM ticket - for sharing purposes, here'sher answer ( which makes perfect sense):

This was by original design. We assumed that if you are going to click the play button manually that you actually wanted it to build, regardless of external conditions. There are other things (e.g. checking if parent dependencies are building) which we also don't check when running a manual build.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events