Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Bamboo Specs

stephen_leavitt August 29, 2018

How can I disable Bamboo Specs on a build or deployment plan so that I can make changes to it via the Bamboo UI instead? I cannot seem to convince Bamboo 6.6.1 to disable it even though I've removed the linked repositories I'm using for this purpose, and disabled Bamboo Specs scanning from Admin -> Security -> Security Settings -> Enable Repository Stored specs, and I still cannot convince Bamboo to let me edit the plan in the Bamboo web UI.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stephen_leavitt August 29, 2018

Well, I came up with a way that works, since I was not willing to lose build history on this build plan. I also think it's a crappy solution, as it required accessing the database directly.

Here's what I finally got to work (after removing the linked repositories that had Bamboo Specs scanning enabled and turning off Repository Stored specs):

UPDATE build
SET vcs_specs_source_id=NULL
WHERE build_type='CHAIN' AND full_key='<full_build_plan_key>';

Also, it appeared that Bamboo had to be restarted to get it to re-read that change. But once it came back up, the build plan could once again be managed by the Bamboo web UI. 

Atlassian, please do something to address this. I believe that someone with administrative privileges in Bamboo should be able to do this without having to manually issue SQL queries to effectively turn off Bamboo Specs on plans that already have them enabled.

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2018

Hi Stephen,

I understand this is frustrating for you. I found that there is already an existing feature request for what you are looking for - 
BAM-19616 - Ability to transition a plan from Repository Stored Specs (RSS) managed back to a standard plan

Please share your views there in a comment and don't forget to upvote.

Cheers,
Jey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events