Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Disable Bamboo Specs

How can I disable Bamboo Specs on a build or deployment plan so that I can make changes to it via the Bamboo UI instead? I cannot seem to convince Bamboo 6.6.1 to disable it even though I've removed the linked repositories I'm using for this purpose, and disabled Bamboo Specs scanning from Admin -> Security -> Security Settings -> Enable Repository Stored specs, and I still cannot convince Bamboo to let me edit the plan in the Bamboo web UI.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Well, I came up with a way that works, since I was not willing to lose build history on this build plan. I also think it's a crappy solution, as it required accessing the database directly.

Here's what I finally got to work (after removing the linked repositories that had Bamboo Specs scanning enabled and turning off Repository Stored specs):

UPDATE build
SET vcs_specs_source_id=NULL
WHERE build_type='CHAIN' AND full_key='<full_build_plan_key>';

Also, it appeared that Bamboo had to be restarted to get it to re-read that change. But once it came back up, the build plan could once again be managed by the Bamboo web UI. 

Atlassian, please do something to address this. I believe that someone with administrative privileges in Bamboo should be able to do this without having to manually issue SQL queries to effectively turn off Bamboo Specs on plans that already have them enabled.

Jeyanthan I Atlassian Team Aug 30, 2018

Hi Stephen,

I understand this is frustrating for you. I found that there is already an existing feature request for what you are looking for - 
BAM-19616 - Ability to transition a plan from Repository Stored Specs (RSS) managed back to a standard plan

Please share your views there in a comment and don't forget to upvote.

Cheers,
Jey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 101 Video

G’day Community! As we gear up to introduce Bamboo Data Center to the world, we wanted to make sure that we shared a bit more about Bamboo, the product. Our team has put together an overview video ...

221 views 4 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you