Deployment project for Plan Branch in Bamboo 5

Is there any way to associate a Deployment Project to Feature Branches?

The Build Plan is setup to check out code fron 'trunk' and we have enabled Plan Branches. We would like to be able to select the branch we want to deploy at the moment we run the Deployment Project associated to the Build Plan.

3 answers

Hi mate,

There is no way to do this right now but we are working on it. Please watch and vote for this issue.

Thanks

James Dumay
Product Manager

Is this in OnDemand? The screens shown in the docs (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Deployments+from+branches) don't match what I see when I try to configure deployment triggers. I have no branch options.

Even were they there, it looks like I would have to pick a particular branch ...

What I want to do is automatically run the SAME deployment on the successful build of ANY plan branch (or, indeed default). The branch name is one of my parameters to the scripts in my deployment process. We are using feature branches so there are lots of short-lived branches (named after their JIRA issues).

Is this possible?

Good news! This feature is shipping in Bamboo 5.2 (due in around a week!)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,066 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot