Creating an ISO as a post-build process in Bamboo

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2011

I am very new to Bamboo and I am researching how I can use something like a custom command executable to build an ISO.

From my understanding, I would create a new task within a job, and I could pass some command line arguments to it to achieve this thorugh a python script on our linux system. How do I tell this script to build the ISO based off of the build artifacts from the build task?

Do these custom scripts automatically get put into the same folder with the artifacts?

Looking for some guidance!

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2011

If you are doing all this all in one job, there's nothing special you have to do. Just add a script task that will create the ISO out of the artifacts you have in your build directory. It's easiest to experiment with this - run the build from Bamboo and after it's finished, log in to your server via SSH, go to the build directory on the hard drive and figure out the correct call to your ISO build script. After you deal with that, just paste the script as a body of script task.

If you are doing this in a different Job, you have to define your artifacts as Bamboo artifacts. During the definition, you will be able to specify the destination directory for the artifacts. The part where you figure out the correct ISO build script call stays the same.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2011

Would I do something like pass in a command line argument that specified the directory on the build server and an output directory for the ISO?

The exact call depends on the tool you use to create the ISO. Using relative directories should be your best bet (but if you can't, you can use Bamboo's variables to get the absolute paths). So the question is: how do you call it from the command line?

Does the ISO now become an artifact?

If you need it to be an artifact, you can define it as an artifact via the artifact tab in Job configuration.

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2011

Ok this clears up some things, but I am still curious on calling the ISO build script. Would I do something like pass in a command line argument that specified the directory on the build server and an output directory for the ISO? Does the ISO now become an artifact?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events