Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create plan branch using YAML specs

Balaji September 5, 2022

Hi,

I have a requirement that I wanted to create a plan branch using YAML specs. Please let me know this feature is available or not in bamboo.

1 answer

0 votes
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2022

Hello @Balaji

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

In Bamboo, there are two ways to have Branches created via a Specs plan:

branches:
create: for-new-branch
delete:
after-deleted-days: 7
after-inactive-days: 30

Best regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

Balaji September 5, 2022

Hi, 

Can you please confirm that this will over inherit the stages/tasks from parent branch and will create a new branch. I am not able to reproduce my expectations.

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2022

Hello @Balaji

Plan branches will inherit the default branch Specs. They will only diverge from the default branch (be enhanced branches) if the contents of the bamboo-specs folder are different from the default one and if they are coming from a Bitbucket Server or Bitbucket Cloud Server (on Bamboo 9)

If you use Plan branches and the branch already exists on your Git repository, you'll need to create the branch manually in Bamboo by clicking on the "Create plan branch" icon next to "Plan branch" on the top right when checking the Plan configuration.

Best regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events