Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chosen Git revision between dependant plans

Ian Underhill June 17, 2020

im aware that the git revision is snapshotted at the start of a plan build, so between tasks it will be stable.

I however have a complex build pipeline built up between dependant plans that trigger each other.

When the first plan changes the git repo (and pushs) the second plan is triggered. you can see that second plan deep clones the repo (testing this way as it should work) and then checkout an old revision, not the branch that was set up in the definition of that repo for that plan.

I know the first plan has finished, and the git push has worked.

The second plan even tells you that you are at a detached head (not the selected branch definition that was chosen), adding a task that checks out the branch again fixs the issue.

This is a real pain, I guess there is some form of timing issue going on, it could be the gitlab server, or bamboo to be honest (no idea). but this timing window does seem quite large (i.e. time between plans)

anybody know a different way to fix this issue, it would be nice to have a feature to disable the snapshot of commit ids if this is the consequence.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events