Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you define and use Webhooks within YAML Bamboo Specs?

Ryan Lafko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 14, 2023

Good afternoon,

I'm looking for more details on sending notifications for builds or deploys to a webhook that has been defined in the Webhook Templates area from a Bamboo Specification.

For example, I notify a specific support team via email on a build failure like so:

notifications:
- events:
  - plan-failed
recipients:
- emails:
  - some-email@some-domain.org

I'm looking to make use of our Webhooks defined as such:

notifications:
- events:
  - plan-failed
recipients:
- webhook:
    name: Build Webhook Template
    url: https://some_url.org/api

When i added this second sample into my Bamboo Spec and ran it through the Bamboo Spec YAML validator, it passed validation. Does that mean this should function as I'm expecting? Is defining webhooks in Bamboo Spec YAML supported?

I'm mostly asking this question because I could not find it documented anywhere in the Bamboo Specification Reference and would like to confirm this functionality as an option for notifications.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Lafko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 14, 2023

I found that I was looking at the wrong version of the Bamboo Specification Reference. I was looking at version 6.2.3 from a google search and found newer versions here:
https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs-docs/

Looking at the newest version that my team is on, version 8.2.4, I found that webhooks are defined there as well as an option for notifications.

Mia Paulin April 28, 2023

@Ryan Lafko   Let me do some research about the situation and I'll see what I can do.  I will get back to you.  Sorry that I couldn't help more that I am.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events