Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we make scheduled Bamboo plan always enabled?

NikhilM
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 9, 2022

Hello,

As we are new to bamboo executions,

We are facing the issue with Bamboo plan which we have scheduled for everyday execution. Bamboo plans are getting automatically disabled after every successful execution therefore next day scheduled run is unable to trigger automatically and we need to manually get it enabled each time.

Can anybody has related information/solution?

Thanks,

Nikhil

1 answer

0 votes
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2022

Hello @NikhilM

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Bamboo will only disable a plan on the following occasions:

As you have mentioned "successful execution" could that be because of a Pull Request merger?

Kind regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful--

NikhilM
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 13, 2022

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, issue is we can't keep our Bamboo plans (Manual/Scheduled) always enabled as after every execution it's getting disabled.

I need solution for keeping Bamboo plan always enabled so that our scheduled plans will get executed without having manual interference. I am sure we need to do some configuration in specs (Java/Yaml) but do not know what configuration we need to change.

We tried below changes in Yaml file:

Old : buildHangingConfig.enabled: 'false'

Change : buildHangingConfig.enabled: 'true'

But it's not working so do you have any solution to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2022

Hello @NikhilM

You need to focus on the cause of why the Plans are getting disabled as this is not expected in a normal environment. Insisting on automation to keep them enabled will not get the main issue sorted and may create even more issues.

Please focus on the cause by investigating if any of the causes I have previously listed are happening, and then take action.

As you have mentioned Specs, can you confirm if multiple changes are made to the plan? If a change to the Specs code fails the validation build, Bamboo will disable the Plan until the next Specs code validation build succeeds.

Regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful--

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events