Can an older Bamboo use the newer svnkit library?

Is it possible to drop the newer svnkit library into Bamboo 2.5, or are the libraries not compatible?? I'd like to get the subversion checkout speed improvements that we see in evaluating bamboo 3.1.1

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I never tried it, just felt it was too risky. We eventually upgraded to Bamboo 3.4.3 and the new svnkit is MUCH faster. In additional, we use 'svn export' as much as possible, only do a few checkouts in places that have to be checkouts.

Colin Goudie Community Champion Jul 14, 2011

I remember doing this with fisheye years ago. Sometimes it was just as easy as replacing all the jars with the newer ones. But I'm not sure with Bamboo, hence just a comment :)

Me too, I had to do it with Fisheye and it worked fine. Therefore my advice is: give it a try, it will probably work!

@Keenth, did you try updating your Bamboo 2.5 to newer svnkit library? If so did it help the checkout time? I am using Bamboo 2.3.1 and SVN checkout is really slow taking 4 hrs for one plan, native svn command line checkout only took 20 mins. and jsvn checkout took 1 hour.

If your 'svn checkout' commands are taking too long:

* Tune your SVN repo

* Move to a DVCS that's faster

* Refactor your repo so it is smaller. Think about using svn:externals for dependencies

* In the Plan's source repository there is an Advanced tab where you can change to do an 'svn export' instead of an 'svn checkout'. This works faster: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Specifying+the+Source+Repository+for+a+Plan

* Tune the network bandwith where your checkout occurs and see if you can improve it

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 3 hours ago in Statuspage

What are your best incident management tips and stories? #HugOps

👋Community members! Downtime happens. And great incident response takes a village. Teams like Support, Dev, SRE, Ops, IT, and Marketing have to come together to resolve the problem while keep...

19 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you