Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Bamboo compile AutoIt

Constantin Balan February 24, 2022

Hey, so i'm looking to use a CI/CD tool to run AutoIt(.au3) scripts. My question is if Bamboo supports running said scripts.

1 answer

1 vote
Anonymous Coward April 20, 2022

Simon says:

` Bamboo does not natively support those scripts but you can use a Bamboo Script Task to run the AutoIt script. You would need to roughly follow these steps:

1. Install AutoIt on your Bamboo agent.

2. verify that you can run from a terminal on the agent (as the same user that you run the agent) the following command:

AutoIt.exe <your_script>.au3

3. Create a Bamboo plan with a job in it.

4. In the job create a Bamboo Script task and use the command in step 2 in the task.

5. Run your plan.

If the command in Step 2 does not work there may be environmental configuration mistakes, such as your AutoIt.exe binary not being present in the PATH. If you prefer not to have it in the PATH then you can use the absolute path to the binary in the Script task:

C:\ <blah>\AutoIt.exe <your_script>.au3

A few things that you should check if the plan hangs on run or the Script task is reported as failed:

- make sure that the AutoIt script does not block.

- check if the AutoIt executable returns 0 on success or another value. Bamboo assumes success if the binary returns 0 on exit, in the good old UNIX tradition. If the binary is not well behaved then the script may run correctly but Bamboo considers it failed.

I hope this helps. `

Simon out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events