cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT ACCESS BAMBOO ON BROWSER

Divine Taminang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 29, 2022

I have installed the bamboo on my ec2-instance (t2-medium) but I cannot access it from the browser using the IP:PORT  (i.e IP:8085). The prerequisites and bamboo have been installed successfully. I have started the bamboo (./startup.sh) and it says Tomcat is started. But I cannot access bamboo via the internet using IP:8085. When I try to access on the browser it says this site can't be reached! All ports are open (i.e port 22 and 80).

Why am I unable to access bamboo from my browser? 

I will appreciate your help please

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You need port 8085 to be open if you are going to run the service on that port.

From the server you are running it on, try fetching the local address with wget or curl to check that it's running ok - something like

wget localhost:8085

will fetch you a file that you can open and read - the text will contain the HTML for the login page if Bamboo is running.

Divine Taminang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 6, 2023

Under custom tcp, I opened port 8085 and it worked. Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events