Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo upgrade

MD September 18, 2021
I'm new to Bambo.
I have upgraded bamboo 7.2 to 8.1, I have managed to get the new instance up and running but then I get a wizard on the website that asks me for a licensed key and wants me to configure it as if it were a completely new installation.
I have connected the new instance to my old bamboo home folder but it still looks like a new installation. do you have any tips on how to get my old configuration and data uploaded to the new instance?

My bamboo-init.propertie file

## You can specify your bamboo.home and bamboo.shared.home property here or in your system environment variables.

#Local Bamboo home. If running in HA (multi-node) mode, you need to provide a unique, not shared, home directory for node specific content

#bamboo.home=C:/bamboo/bamboo-home

#If running in HA mode, you need to provide a shared home directory that will be used by all nodes
#It is allowed to mount this shared directory as a subdirectory of bamboo.home
#Can be left undefined when running in single node mode, in which case the data will be stored in ${bamboo.home}/shared

#bamboo.shared.home=

bamboo.home=E:\bamboo\_bamboo-home

1 answer

0 votes
tgdavies September 18, 2021

Check the contents of <Bamboo 8.1 installation directory>/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-init.properties and double check that it's correct. Add its contents to your question.

MD September 19, 2021

My bamboo-init.propertie file

## You can specify your bamboo.home and bamboo.shared.home property here or in your system environment variables.

#Local Bamboo home. If running in HA (multi-node) mode, you need to provide a unique, not shared, home directory for node specific content

#bamboo.home=C:/bamboo/bamboo-home

#If running in HA mode, you need to provide a shared home directory that will be used by all nodes
#It is allowed to mount this shared directory as a subdirectory of bamboo.home
#Can be left undefined when running in single node mode, in which case the data will be stored in ${bamboo.home}/shared

#bamboo.shared.home=

bamboo.home=E:\bamboo\_bamboo-home

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2021

Note the use of slashes in the example string for the bamboo path - windows based path names annoyingly contain characters that every other sane system considers a control character, and people have to code around it.  

Most of us code for standard OS agnostic data so that the application server will convert a standard directory path to whatever the local system is if it needs to.

TLDR:  Try

bamboo.home=E:/bamboo/_bamboo-home

MD September 19, 2021

Thanks for you reply. now i get this error (see screenshot)

2021-09-19_16h57_51.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events