Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo upgrade

MD September 18, 2021
I'm new to Bambo.
I have upgraded bamboo 7.2 to 8.1, I have managed to get the new instance up and running but then I get a wizard on the website that asks me for a licensed key and wants me to configure it as if it were a completely new installation.
I have connected the new instance to my old bamboo home folder but it still looks like a new installation. do you have any tips on how to get my old configuration and data uploaded to the new instance?

My bamboo-init.propertie file

## You can specify your bamboo.home and bamboo.shared.home property here or in your system environment variables.

#Local Bamboo home. If running in HA (multi-node) mode, you need to provide a unique, not shared, home directory for node specific content

#bamboo.home=C:/bamboo/bamboo-home

#If running in HA mode, you need to provide a shared home directory that will be used by all nodes
#It is allowed to mount this shared directory as a subdirectory of bamboo.home
#Can be left undefined when running in single node mode, in which case the data will be stored in ${bamboo.home}/shared

#bamboo.shared.home=

bamboo.home=E:\bamboo\_bamboo-home

1 answer

0 votes
tgdavies
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 18, 2021

Check the contents of <Bamboo 8.1 installation directory>/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-init.properties and double check that it's correct. Add its contents to your question.

MD September 19, 2021

My bamboo-init.propertie file

## You can specify your bamboo.home and bamboo.shared.home property here or in your system environment variables.

#Local Bamboo home. If running in HA (multi-node) mode, you need to provide a unique, not shared, home directory for node specific content

#bamboo.home=C:/bamboo/bamboo-home

#If running in HA mode, you need to provide a shared home directory that will be used by all nodes
#It is allowed to mount this shared directory as a subdirectory of bamboo.home
#Can be left undefined when running in single node mode, in which case the data will be stored in ${bamboo.home}/shared

#bamboo.shared.home=

bamboo.home=E:\bamboo\_bamboo-home

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2021

Note the use of slashes in the example string for the bamboo path - windows based path names annoyingly contain characters that every other sane system considers a control character, and people have to code around it.  

Most of us code for standard OS agnostic data so that the application server will convert a standard directory path to whatever the local system is if it needs to.

TLDR:  Try

bamboo.home=E:/bamboo/_bamboo-home

MD September 19, 2021

Thanks for you reply. now i get this error (see screenshot)

2021-09-19_16h57_51.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events