Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo specs: "No plan is linked to this project"

Bob Rzadzki February 10, 2023

I have a build plan and a deploy plan, both created with Bamboo Specs, and I'm having trouble getting the deploy plan connected to the build plan.

In my build specs, I define the plan like this:

plan:
project-key: PLEX
key: WEB
name: Web Application

And in the deploy specs, I define the deployment like this:

deployment:
name: Plex App - Web
source-plan: PLEX-WEB

Both specs are imported successfully, and both plans are created as expected. However, the deploy plan's configuration page tells me "No plan is linked to this project. Update the project configuration before deploying a release."

What's going on here?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Rzadzki February 13, 2023

Answering my own question -- this doesn't seem to be a common problem but who knows, maybe someone else/future-me can reuse this solution.

What I think happened:

Originally, I had created the build plan through the UI. When I started setting up the deployment with specs, I referred to that build plan's name and key. Then I replaced the build plan with one created through specs, but with the same keys. I'm thinking Bamboo "de-linked" them somewhere that shuffle.

What worked:

1. I deleted both the build and deploy projects. No problem because I'm recreating them with specs.

2. With each repo, I did the following, starting with the one for the build project:

a. Turned off "Scan for Bamboo Specs"; waited a few seconds and turned it back on.

b. Re-scanned the repo and corrected permissions errors as they were reported.

This successfully created first a new build project and then a deploy project with a plan correctly linked to the build. Ultimately a case of "just give it a kick."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events