Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo specs Plan and Deployment Permissions

Deleted user September 23, 2019

Hi,

I read in the Bamboo specs documentation I can put permissions configuration in other repo, but how can I do that?

Do you have any samples?

Because I created a Linked repository for the application code only.

I need that because if I put the permission in the same repo any dev can change that.

1 answer

0 votes
Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

Repository permission in Bamboo can only be granted to Linked Repositories (from Bamboo's UI).If you are attempting on setting up repository permission, I am afraid you will have to wait for this feature (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-20264 - Ability to set permissions to linked repositories using specs) to be implemented, therefore, repository permission in Bamboo must be applied from the UI.

More information on https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs-docs/6.10.3/specs.html?java#referring-linked-repositories

Creating linked repositories
Currently it is not possible to create new linked repositories from Bamboo Specs.

Regarding on Plan permissions, when following the Tutorial: Create a simple plan with Bamboo Java Specs, you will have a PlanSpec.java file in your Maven project as an example.

You can review Plan permission under the section:

PlanPermissions createPlanPermission(PlanIdentifier planIdentifier) {
Permissions permissions = new Permissions()
.userPermissions("admin", PermissionType.ADMIN)
.groupPermissions("bamboo-admin", PermissionType.ADMIN)
.loggedInUserPermissions(PermissionType.BUILD)
.anonymousUserPermissionView();

return new PlanPermissions(planIdentifier)
.permissions(permissions);
}

Plan, Deployment and Environment permission can be found on:

Replace the Bamboo version in URL above, so you can review the correct documentation based on the Bamboo version you are running.

It is important to notice that when setting up a deployment, the user creating the Deployment must have build permission in the Plan consumed by this Deployment (in the same way as you would create a Deployment from Bamboo's UI).

Kind regards,
Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events