Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo server not able to point to a browser after installation

Efua Larbi September 26, 2020

I installed Bamboo 5.10.3 on an AWS Linux instance and 7.1 on a CentOS 7 machine. I changed the ports from 8080 to 8085 but it will still not start nor point to a browser. I checked bamboo home, bamboo installation directories and they've all been set up properly. What should I do? We need this server to start so we can start using it.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Kanwar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2020

Hi @Efua Larbi ,

Let's verify if Bamboo is running, and on which port.

1. What do you see when you run ps -ef | grep com.atlassian.bamboo?
    1. If the above command returns nothing, try running ./bamboo.sh console and share the output
  2. What is the output of sudo netstat -tunlp | grep 8085 ? This test will show if any java process is listening on port 8085.
  3. Finally, also check if there is any firewall that may be blocking port 8085.

Cheers.

Efua Larbi September 28, 2020

Hi @Kanwar running the  ps -ef | grep com.atlassian.bamboo showed the process id of bamboo and that it has been started.

The sudo sudo netstat -tunlp | grep 8085 showed that java was listening on the port. However I was able to get one of my instances with the Bamboo installation (7.1 version)  running and pointing to the browser; server wizard of Bamboo. I added a rule under Security Groups to "All TCP" "Anywhere".   However my other AWS instance with 5.10 version of Bamboo is still not running. I changed the ports under conf/server.xml to 8080 but its still not working. What else am I doing wrong.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2020

If I get you right you are basically dealing with two independent Bamboo installations. Could you please describe a more precisely what the status with the Bamboo 5.10 installation is?

As far as I understoof the Bamboo 7.1 instance is running fine why we can put this aside for a moment in this consideration.

Is for the still troubling installation a process visible using "ps" and the firewall configured so that access is possible?

Cheers,
Daniel

Efua Larbi October 19, 2020

My Bamboo is up and running now. I removed the 5.1 version and installed 6.1. I also stopped Bamboo and restarted it, also changed the port numbers in /server.xml file and it worked. If you’ve a similar problem you can also try disconnecting one of the connectors in the /server.xml file and it’ll work.

Thanks

Efua

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events