Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo repository spec changes executed but no plans updated

Michael Stone September 5, 2018

Hi, I'm setting up repository specs from Bamboo but having difficult getting changes to apply. This is the result so far:

• Specs are checked in to my project repo under a bamboo-spec folder
  • Webhook set up from my Github repo, and events are successful publishing to Bamboo endpoint
  • Enabled BambooSpecs in my Linked Repository
  • Enabled Repository Stored Specs in the global security settings config
  • Added the repository as a Bamboo spec repository from my Project Settings
  • Checked that my Build Project is listed under the BambooSpec tab of my Linked Repository
  • After triggered by a check in, the Spec Status result in the Linked Repository reports spec execution successful
  • When I run "mvn -Ppublish-specs" locally from the same code, the plan is successfully updated on the same Bamboo server

I can't seem to get the plan to update automatically as the result of the check-in -> webhook flow though.

Tech details:

• Atlassian Bamboo version 6.5.0 build 60509
  • bamboo-spec-runner 6.5.0

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2018

Usually when you do not see the plan triggering Specs, the respective bamboo logs should hint us what the problem is. Check your <bamboo-install>/logs/catalina.out or <bamboo-home>/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log and see if you get a hint.

Cheers,
Jey

Michael Stone September 6, 2018

Hi Jey,

There doesn't appear to be any relevant server logs in the install dir, and the only thing that looks relevant in the bamboo-home logs is this:

2018-09-06 08:56:35,437 INFO [14-repository-stored-specs:pool-22-thread-1] [RepositoryStoredSpecsServiceImpl] Bamboo Specs execution took 7.690 s
2018-09-06 08:56:35,523 INFO [15-BAM::SpecsDetection:pool-23-thread-3] [RepositoryStoredSpecsServiceImpl] Bamboo Specs import took 85.68 ms

Thanks,

Michael

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2018

From your comment, it looks like Bamboo Specs execution took place, which is good. However, the subsequent entries in the same log should tell us if the maven build failed after the import. Sometimes, it fails due to the permission in the system like mentioned in this thread.

Michael Stone September 6, 2018

There just doesn't seem to be any other errors in the logs, or anything else that relates to plan updates.

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
September 17, 2018

Do you still experience this issue?

We can create a support ticket for you if so to investigate further.

Cheers,
Jey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events