Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo downgrade? (6.10.4 -> 6.9.2)

Robert Kulyassa March 10, 2020

After upgrading to the latest Bamboo (6.10.4) I have some issues(*), I wonder if I could downgrade to 6.9.2. I don't see any official guide to downgrade. I easily could swap the binaries (as I do in an upgrade), but I guess on the startup the database is upgraded too, so I don't know if the old binary would work with the upgraded database structure... (The release notes doesn't mention if any of DB upgrade happened).

I could revert my changes from the backup, but then I would loose weeks of build history, what I really don't want, the downgrade would really help.

(*): I have issues with the agents connection, that's another topic, I going to open a ticket for the support, but the quick solution still would be the downgrade.

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2020

Downgrading Bamboo to an older version is not recommended as the upgrade not only alters binaries, but also the database structure and all the dependencies as you mentioned.

The best overall course of action would be a system rollback with a snapshot, if available. If not, approaching Atlassian Support for fixing your ongoing issues is recommended.

The other option to downgrade is probably to do an export and import it onto an older fresh Bamboo instance. But, this might likely not work as exports are usually forward compatible and not backward compatible.

Cheers,
Jey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events