Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo does not start up (Critical Business Impact)

Anthony Williams June 9, 2018

Hello, yesterday we encountered an error where it appears the bamboo service hung.  Stopping it and attempting to restart it now results in the service terminating itself due to what appears to be an issue loading the cucumber plugin (see error below).

No changes have been made from a configuration standpoint, and even restarting the physical server itself, and starting the bamboo service fresh results in the same error (app is definitely not being deployed twice).

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext filterStart
SEVERE: Exception starting filter struts-prepare
The package name 'cucumberPlugin' at location null is already been used by another package at location null
at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init(Dispatcher.java:503)
at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.InitOperations.initDispatcher(InitOperations.java:74)
at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsPrepareFilter.init(StrutsPrepareFilter.java:56)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.ww2.StrutsPrepareFilter.init(StrutsPrepareFilter.java:32)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.initFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:279)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:260)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.java:4854)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5542)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1575)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1565)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: The package name 'cucumberPlugin' at location null is already been used by another package at location null
at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.addPackageConfig(DefaultConfiguration.java:176)

Seems like a clear enough error, but I am not presently seeing what is causing it.  Please let me know what other information I can provide to help you assist with resolution of this issue. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated, as having Bamboo down has a very significant negative impact on our business.  Thanks.

EDIT: My apologies, I was trying to submit a support ticket as opposed to posting in the community, but any assistance anyone can provide is appreciated all the same.  Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anthony Williams June 10, 2018

This is what happens when you go 30+ hours without sleep.  Think I fixed the issue.  The server was not shut down cleanly, and there were duplicates of the cucumber .jar in the data and data/caches directories.  Cleaning those up obviously fixes the problem of the package name trying to load more than once and failing.  Hopefully this (pretty obvious) answer helps someone else.  Thanks.

0 votes
Anthony Williams June 9, 2018

(erroneous post)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events