Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo child plan triggering - multiple parent plans successful builds

Pankaj Uplenchwar October 16, 2017

I would like to trigger child plan where multiple parents have successfully built the plans.

I can trigger child plan based on one parent successfully built but I would like to add dependency for 2 parents.

Can someone from the community help to solve this issue?

2 answers

1 vote
Bill Carreon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2018

HI Pankaj,

If you need a plan to trigger, let’s call this plan C after 2 other plans have successfully run, let’s call these Plan A and Plan B, you can set up a daisy-chain dependency. That is to say that you can have Plan B run if Plan A is successful, then trigger Plan C on Plan B’s success,

Plan A -> Plan B -> Plan C

This will ensure Plan C is run only if Plan A and Plan B have been successfully executed.

Best Regards,

Bill

Felix Ohr August 2, 2018

Hi @Bill Carreon,

is this the only possible solution for this kind of problem? Because if you're having multiple parent dependencies, like 20-something, the chain gets really long and slow. Also parallelism with mutliple agents isn't possible.

We tried setting "Dependency blocking strategy" to "Block build if parent plans have unbuilt changes " (which I think only works for code commits), as well as "Trigger conditions" set to "Only run Build if other Plans are currently passing" (and provided a list of all parent plan keys). Both doesn't seem to resolve this problem of depending on ALL parent plans being green.

If it's not possible to achieve this right now, is there anything planned in the future?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Felix

PS: We're using bamboo 6.2.5

Ryan Schaaf September 6, 2018

Any update on this? We have a similar issue where we have multiple modules that get built, and a child plan that puts together a docker image pulling in artifacts from all the parent builds. We would like to have the docker image built only once after *all* the parents complete building, not after each individual one

0 votes
Michael Nicholson February 15, 2021

Same issue here. Two parent builds, don't want to run child build unless both parents succeeded. Really shocked there isn't a Dependency Blocking Strategy for this considering there is one to stop child from running if any parents are currently building.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events