Bamboo checkout from repository - where are the logs?

When we do a build in Bamboo, we see in the logs that the build started:

simple	05-Jul-2011 14:50:03	Executing build ABC-ABCPLAN-1047
simple	05-Jul-2011 14:50:03	Running pre-build action: VCS Version Collector
simple	05-Jul-2011 14:50:03	Running pre-build action: Build Number Stamper
simple	05-Jul-2011 14:50:03	Running pre-build action: Pre Command Agent Runner
simple	05-Jul-2011 14:50:03	Building started with ScriptBuilder

And in the build summary there is text that says "Build took 20 minutes". If I mouse over that text, it tells me in a popup box
that "source updating for 8 minutes"

What I want to see is the LOG of the source updating. Is that not logged? Is it hidden somwehere?
Is there a configuration setting somewhere that controls whether this is logged or not?

I checked the docs and the forums, can't find it if it's there.

Currently Bamboo 2.5, but I also don't see this in documentation for 3.1

3 answers

0 vote

It's not logged. Depending on your VCS, you may be able to switch detailed logging on.

We use subversion. I looked at the bamboo admin panel for logging, didn't see anything that was (obviously) VCS or SVN related.

We use Subversion as well and have managed to get the results of the update of the repository by doing the following.

In the Administration menu, enter the 'Log Settings' under 'System'. This gives you a selection of results to log, if you set 'Webwork' and 'root' to 'debug' verbosity this logs everything that occurs.

Which version of Bamboo are you referencing? I am using Bamboo 2.3.1 and I don't see:

In the Administration menu, enter the 'Log Settings' under 'System'.

I'm using 3.1.4 and its located right where he said it was, here's the URI:
https://bambooServerFQDN/admin/configLog4j.action

This feature was introduced in 2.4, that's why you can't find it.

Thanks. Must be a new feature in the newer versions of Bamboo.

https://bambooServerFQDN/admin/configLog4j.action... that's your internal sever, on one can get to that. :)

actually, its not my internal server, look at the servername... its a stub.. like saying https://someDudesWebServerFQDN

the URI (the part that is AFTER the server FQDN) was there so you could try to access it on your server by supplimenting the stub with your server's FullyQualifiedDomainName (FQDN).. but as Bruski clarified, its introduced in a newer version than you have. Good luck.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,561 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you