Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo build for modified files (only Updated Artifacts Shot)

lee December 14, 2023

We have multiple projects in one solution. When we commit this to Bitbucket and perform a build and Shot in Bamboo, all projects in the solution are built and Shot. We want to take a snapshot only of the changed DLL files. Please advise on how to achieve this.

finally we want to take a Shot only of the updated artifacts 

please Help us.....

2 answers

1 vote
Shashank Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2023

Hello lee,

1. Are you saying that you can't only apply the modified artifacts with your reply?

Artifacts are defined at Job level and this definition is valid for each time the build is run, so Bamboo will try to find the artifacts during each build ( on the location which you have defined during the artifact definition ) and if it finds it it will display it under the artifact tab of the build results.

It does not check what has changed in the artifact from the previous build or even what has been newly built with the new code changes. Bamboo just collects all the artifacts matching the pattern and display there is no comparison functionality available.

2. I don't have an "Exclusion pattern".Does it only exist in other versions?

This is available from Bamboo 9.0+ versions

3. If there's an "Exclusion pattern,"What examples should I put in there?
Can you show me a sample?

You can see my example below, here I am instructing Bamboo to look into target folder and if it finds any files ( as per copy pattern which is * ) it should list it as an Artifact, now under Exclusion pattern I have instructed Bamboo to ignore any files with pattern of .jar, so now Bamboo will consider everything as an artifact except files with .jar pattern

image.png

Regards,

Shashank kumar

1 vote
Shashank Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2023

Hello Lee,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

If I understand your request correctly, you can check the commit tab of your build results tab to understand what changes were built for that particular code change in bitbucket, see below

image.png

If my understanding is incorrect can you explain your question with an example please.

Also I didn't understand your below question, can you please elaborate a little

Finally we want to take a Shot only of the updated artifacts 

Regards

Shashank Kumar

lee December 18, 2023

thank you for your reply

I'll explain again. This picture is a summary of bamboo.

The committed changes include modifications to  A, F.

but All artifacts are applied. 

SAMPLE.png

Shashank Kumar
Atlassian Team
December 19, 2023

Hello Lee,

Thanks for providing the attachment, this explains better now!

While defining the artifact in Bamboo, You define it's name, Location, File pattern or any exclusion pattern, see below

image.png

If your source code is creating an artifact and it matches the filter above, Bamboo will create all the artifcats and list it under the artifacts tab.

Bamboo will not inform what are the artifacts which has changed based on source code ( Probably a worth feature request where Bamboo can compare the artifacts with the previous build result and inform of the differences), but this would be a overkill assuming in some case small files in the range of thousands are created as artifacts.

Regards,

Shashank Kumar

lee December 19, 2023

thank you for your reply

I have a few inquiries.

1. Are you saying that you can't only apply the modified artifacts with your reply?
2. I don't have an "Exclusion pattern".
Does it only exist in other versions?
3. If there's an "Exclusion pattern,"
What examples should I put in there?
Can you show me a sample?

If you know anything, please help me.

123.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events