cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo build failed

hari
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 13, 2019

Hi all,

I'm new to use bamboo. We have some BDD tests and run in bamboo, the build fails while running one of the test, bamboo build fails with a java exception a below. 

java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.io.InterruptedIOException

Is there a way in bamboo that the build wouldn't be marked as fail as a whole and still continue executing the remaining tests in that BDD test file. Any inptus would be really appreciated. thanks in advance! 

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2019

Hi @hari,

Welcome to the Community!

Most people would want execution to stop the moment a failure like this is identified.  The only way I can think that you would be able to accomplish what you are doing is the have your tests wrapped in a try/catch and you simply ignore and exceptions and continue.  The only thing I would caution here is that you might end up with people thinking a build is acceptable to use when in reality it isn't if it failed some tests.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

hari
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 13, 2019

yes, that helps, thank you!

I'd totally agree that it would be always better the build fails else it might not be identified that the test failed. 

Re-thought about the problem and currently it takes about 20-30 mins to fail the build. I can configure the hanging build event by setting a log quiet time of say 5 minutes (reference - https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/configuring-the-hanging-build-event-289277188.html) but i have to do it in for the whole project. Is there any way that i could do it for a particular file in the project that the bamboo builds on? Instead of the whole project? 

Regards,

Hari.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events