Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo bootstrap failed: Unable to run pre-bootstrap upgrade tasks as your support period has ended.

David Pratt October 21, 2015

I just tried to update my instance of bamboo to 5.9.7.  After doing an export and a backup I ran the install.  When I tried to bring the website up it gave me an error about finding a java bean.

So I deleted the bamboo directory and installed from scratch, pointing to my home directory.  Now I get the above error.

I have a valid license, but it doesn't allow me to install it anywhere.  Any idea's?

2 answers

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2015

Try pasting the licence directly into appropriate section of bamboo.cfg.xml file in your home directory.

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2015

Hello David,

Thank you for your inquire.

Where you upgrading from version ... to v5.9.7. What is the Java version you are currently running?

Please, refer to Bamboo Supported Platforms documentation for further information.

Please, refer to the following documentation on upgrading Bamboo:

In case you continue on experiencing difficulties, please raise a Support request on https://support.atlassian.com and:

• please, mention this Answer
  • please, attach <bamboo-install-previousVersion>/logs
  • please, attach <bamboo-home-previousVersion>/logs
  • please, attach <bamboo-install-5.9.7>/logs
  • please, attach <bamboo-home-5.9.7>/logs

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events