Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo YAML specs dont work YAML Anchors

Deleted user September 20, 2019

I'm creating a bamboo.yml with 2 plan and I want to reuse this code as YALM anchors.
But at the moment when I use that in YALM file I get the error below:

Bamboo YAML import failed: Invalid format of the YAML file: found undefined alias stages
 in 'reader', line 79, column 7:
      <<: *stages

Can I use YAML Anchors in my bamboo specs? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Victor Debone
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2019

Hello @[deleted] welcome to the community :)

Yes, you can use YAML Anchors in your Bamboo Specs, but with some precautions.

If I see correctly, you tried to declare stages on one document (plan) and tried to re-use the same stages on a second document (plan). Bamboo YAML Specs does not support cross-document anchors and in your case it won't work.

Alternatively, you can make the use of Includes as a workaround this limitation. You would create a separated YAML file with the definition of your stages, and then include them as the stage of both your plans.

Is that a good fit for you?

Deleted user September 20, 2019

Yes, that IS a good idea.

Other question is.

I want create  2 plan in the same yalm file one for branch develop and other for Branch master.

But the problem is I put the bamboo.yml in the branch Branch master and created a linked repository for this repo and branch, but when I run the plan only clone the master and I can't clone the develop Branch.

Have any way to resolve this problem?

At the moment I create one bamboo.yml in master branch with the prod definitions and other in Develop branch with dev definitions, but if any dev make a mistake and merge the bamboo.yml from dev to master I'll have a problem

Victor Debone
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2019

Great that it might work for you!

For the second question you will need to wait a bit more. This is a highly-requested feature that Bamboo currently doesn't support. The workaround is to maintain a plan for master and a second one for development, but in different linked repositories.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events