Bamboo TestNG Parser appears to be ignoring the custom results directory specification.

I have a build that is using Maven to run its tests. Because of the structure of the build, Maven is run several times using different testng configurations. All the test results are stored in directories like so:

$ ls -d mercury/target/surefire-reports-Tests*/TEST*.xml
mercury/target/surefire-reports-Tests.Alternatives/TEST-TestSuite.xml
mercury/target/surefire-reports-Tests.ArqSuite.Standard/TEST-TestSuite.xml
mercury/target/surefire-reports-Tests.ArqSuite.Stubby/TEST-TestSuite.xml
mercury/target/surefire-reports-Tests.DatabaseFree/TEST-TestSuite.xml
mercury/target/surefire-reports-Tests.ExternalIntegration/TEST-TestSuite.xml

Regardless of how I specify the TestNG custom resuls directory specification, either completely specified or using wildcards, TestNG says it can not find any results. However, the JUnit Parser can find the test files using the same sorts of customer results directory specifications. But beause the tests are run using TestNG, JUnit does not count the tests properly.

I am using Bamboo 5.5.1

2 answers

I'm having a similar problem in Bamboo 5.6 on our own server.  I'm not using Maven either as I have a specific tool-chain for the platform I run on.

I haven't tried the JUnit approach, but no matter what I configure in the TestNG Parser task it never finds the results.  The results are there but Bamboo isn't seeing them.

I'm having exactly the same problem here. It's completely frustrating as the logging output is now quiet as complete as I'd like:

17-Nov-2014 15:28:11
Parsing test results under /var/bamboo/xml-data/build-dir/SITE-SSBV0-MUT...

Failing task since test cases were expected but none were found.

Finished task 'Parse Failed Test Reports' with result: Failed

Any help would be massively appreciated.

For reference I'm using Bamboo version 5.6.2 build 4411

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,095 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot