Bamboo TestNG Parser appears to be ignoring the custom results directory specification.

Erik Husby July 29, 2014

I have a build that is using Maven to run its tests. Because of the structure of the build, Maven is run several times using different testng configurations. All the test results are stored in directories like so:

$ ls -d mercury/target/surefire-reports-Tests*/TEST*.xml
mercury/target/surefire-reports-Tests.Alternatives/TEST-TestSuite.xml
mercury/target/surefire-reports-Tests.ArqSuite.Standard/TEST-TestSuite.xml
mercury/target/surefire-reports-Tests.ArqSuite.Stubby/TEST-TestSuite.xml
mercury/target/surefire-reports-Tests.DatabaseFree/TEST-TestSuite.xml
mercury/target/surefire-reports-Tests.ExternalIntegration/TEST-TestSuite.xml

Regardless of how I specify the TestNG custom resuls directory specification, either completely specified or using wildcards, TestNG says it can not find any results. However, the JUnit Parser can find the test files using the same sorts of customer results directory specifications. But beause the tests are run using TestNG, JUnit does not count the tests properly.

I am using Bamboo 5.5.1

2 answers

0 votes
Steven Myles November 17, 2014

I'm having exactly the same problem here. It's completely frustrating as the logging output is now quiet as complete as I'd like:

17-Nov-2014 15:28:11
Parsing test results under /var/bamboo/xml-data/build-dir/SITE-SSBV0-MUT...

Failing task since test cases were expected but none were found.

Finished task 'Parse Failed Test Reports' with result: Failed

Any help would be massively appreciated.

For reference I'm using Bamboo version 5.6.2 build 4411

Venky Someswaran June 21, 2019

did anybody find a solution? 

0 votes
Deleted user September 9, 2014

I'm having a similar problem in Bamboo 5.6 on our own server.  I'm not using Maven either as I have a specific tool-chain for the platform I run on.

I haven't tried the JUnit approach, but no matter what I configure in the TestNG Parser task it never finds the results.  The results are there but Bamboo isn't seeing them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events