Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Install Failure

Malcolm B I_Anson June 4, 2020

Having installed JDK and JRE, once Bamboo installation is complete and starting Bamboo, it is throwing an error when attempting to start the service: 

The service name is invalid.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185

Press any key to continue ...

No log file is generated.

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2020

Hi Malcolm,

I assume you are installing Bamboo 7.0.4. Can you please check if you can start via console <bamboo-agent-home>\bin\ambooAgent.bat?

If so, then the next step would be to check as which user Bamboo service is configured to run as. You may want to change the service to run as a local user who owns the Bamboo home directory.

This is described in this page: Running Bamboo as a Windows Service as the Local User

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Jey

Malcolm B I_Anson June 4, 2020

Thanks for your help with this but it doesn't get us past the issue because there is no BambooAgent.bat file inside bin folder and also “'Bamboo build server'” services is also missing from service list.  (As a matter of interest, we have Bamboo running fine on an old server and that also does not have either of these things). 

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2020

Hey @Malcolm B I_Anson ,

My bad. I intended to say <bamboo-install>\bin\start-bamboo.bat

Can you find this and see if you can start with this batch file instead?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events