Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Home

somendu May 22, 2019

Hi, 

I gave bamboo.home directory as

<path>/bamboo-home

which is totally different then Bamboo Installation as below

<path>/atlassian-bamboo-6.8.1

However when I started Bamboo server (using sudo su)

It created a directory inside installation path like this with a special character folder also getting created

<path>/atlassian-bamboo-6.8.1/‎⁨/<path>/bamboo-home

I am following this documentation

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo0607/installing-bamboo-on-mac-os-x-966044823.html

Can someone help me with this please?

Why it is creating folder inside installation directory?

Thanks, 

Somendu

2 answers

0 votes
Michiel Salters July 6, 2020

The special character looks like it is a UTF-8 "BOM" (U+FEFF). Some editors including Notepad insert this character in text files when saving as UTF-8. Since this BOM is a zero-width space character, it's an invisible marker.

Solution: save as plan ASCII.

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2019

Hi @somendu

Difficult to know what exactly is happening there, but lets double check the Bamboo home configuration.

The file to configure it is located at:

<path>/atlassian-bamboo-6.8.1/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-init.properties

The line should be like:

bamboo.home=/<path>/bamboo-home

Please make sure you have an absolute path here. It should start with "/" and the folder bamboo-home does not need to exist.

Another observation is that you should not use sudo su to run the Bamboo process. The best option is to make sure the user running it is the owner of both Bamboo install and Bamboo home folders.

Suggestion for moving forward

1. Stop Bamboo process.
  2. Remove the strange folder created from your installation directory.
    ⚠️ I'm assuming you can lose the data in there since this is a new install.
  3. Make sure the user starting the Bamboo process is the owner of all installation files and it has permissions to edit the location where the bamboo-home will be created. You can use the command chown for this.
  4. Edit the Bamboo home path in bamboo-init.properties. Make sure this file has the Bamboo home absolute path with a "/" at the beginning and use quotes if the path has spaces.  
  5. Start the process again.

If that does not solve the issue we will probably need to dig into your server logs.

somendu May 23, 2019

Hello Daniel, 

Glad to hear from you. The problem got resolved automatically. 

I deleted Atlassian setup. 

Downloaded new and done all process, and bamboo-home folder got created properly. 

Hope it works fine moving forward :)

Thanks,

Somendu

Like Daniel Santos likes this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2019

I'm glad that you are moving forward.
If you have new questions don't hesitate to come back to our community =]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events