Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Email Notifications

tomrode January 3, 2019

Hello, I am evaluating Bamboo for our continuous integration and I have a good foundation in my understanding of this tool. I  wish to email to a list of recipients for instance if a build is complete. Within the Notifications tab, I did a:

Add notification, 

I used:

• Event: All Builds Completed
  • Recipient type: Email Address
  • User: xxxxxxxxx.com

Of course I had a legit email address. Once I finished the build I hoped I would see an email sent. However, this did not work as expected. Is something wrong with this Notification  approach? Or does this need to be set up as a Task with in a Job

Any easy suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Tom 

Bamboo Screen shot.PNG

2 answers

1 vote
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2019

@tomrode according to screenshot you provided Bamboo doesn't have SMTP server configured. See warning with link "Add an email server".

1 vote
Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2019

Hi @tomrode, your configuration looks like expected, but let me know if you never had received an email or some build not work the notification?

If you never received a notification probably you dont have correctly setup the smtp server on you bamboo instance.

Please check the official documentation for this setup @link.

Cheers.

Omar H.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events