Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Bamboo Docker Push fails

Edited

Hi guys,

I am doing a docker push build step and I get the following error:
error 04-Aug-2017 14:49:37 Caused by: com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessException: Error executing '/usr/bin/docker login -u vlad -p ***** -e vlad@gmail.com', exit code: 125
error 04-Aug-2017 14:49:37 at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.docker.process.DefaultDockerProcessService.execute(DefaultDockerProcessService.java:53)
error 04-Aug-2017 14:49:37 at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.docker.process.DefaultDockerProcessService.executeSilently(DefaultDockerProcessService.java:63)
error 04-Aug-2017 14:49:37 at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.docker.process.DockerTaskProcessService.executeSilently(DockerTaskProcessService.java:75)
error 04-Aug-2017 14:49:37 at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.docker.client.DockerCmd$AuthorisedCommand.login(DockerCmd.java:346)
error 04-Aug-2017 14:49:37 at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.docker.client.DockerCmd$AuthorisedCommand.execute(DockerCmd.java:311)
error 04-Aug-2017 14:49:37 at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.docker.client.DockerCmd.push(DockerCmd.java:238)

The docker login command doesn' t have a -e option and that generates the issue.

Do you have any suggestions?
Is this a bug ?

Thanks,
Vlad

3 answers

The -e and --email flags flags have been removed from Docker engine as of release 17.06, so presumably the Docker CLI on your agents is a more recent version.

I don't know off hand how the Bamboo Docker task handles this, but given that all fields are optional because you can "Leave these credentials empty to use the agent's ~/.dockercfg credentials" (which would also be a workaround accordingly), it might just do the right thing and skip the -e flag when you don't specify an email address.

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply.
Could you give me the exact path to the dockercfg file ?
It's now clear what is the agent's home dir. I have only one agent so the path would be bamboo-home/atlassian-bamboo-6.1.0/.dockercfg ?

Hi Vlad we are facing same issue. Were you able to use a workaround.

Great solution here, sadly Email is not optional for all Docker plugin version. I'm currently dealing with this in Bambo 6.1.

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for your reply we will se if we still need this functionality.

Thanks,
Vlad

0 votes

Hello @Vlad Budica,

It's known issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-18613 which is fixed in Bamboo 6.2.0 planned for release end of September.

You can try updated version of docker plugin from https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/bamboo-docker-plugin/downloads/ for older versions of Bamboo, but we not guarantee it is 100% compatible

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 9.0 is now available

Hey there, Data Center community! I'm Martyna Wojtas and I am the Product Manager for Bamboo Data Center. I’m excited to share that Bamboo 9.0 is now available. We purpose-built this platform to help...

302 views 0 7
Read article

Atlassian Community Events