cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Docker Push fails

Vlad Budica August 4, 2017

Hi guys,

I am doing a docker push build step and I get the following error:
error 04-Aug-2017 14:49:37 Caused by: com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessException: Error executing '/usr/bin/docker login -u vlad -p ***** -e vlad@gmail.com', exit code: 125
error 04-Aug-2017 14:49:37 at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.docker.process.DefaultDockerProcessService.execute(DefaultDockerProcessService.java:53)
error 04-Aug-2017 14:49:37 at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.docker.process.DefaultDockerProcessService.executeSilently(DefaultDockerProcessService.java:63)
error 04-Aug-2017 14:49:37 at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.docker.process.DockerTaskProcessService.executeSilently(DockerTaskProcessService.java:75)
error 04-Aug-2017 14:49:37 at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.docker.client.DockerCmd$AuthorisedCommand.login(DockerCmd.java:346)
error 04-Aug-2017 14:49:37 at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.docker.client.DockerCmd$AuthorisedCommand.execute(DockerCmd.java:311)
error 04-Aug-2017 14:49:37 at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.docker.client.DockerCmd.push(DockerCmd.java:238)

The docker login command doesn' t have a -e option and that generates the issue.

Do you have any suggestions?
Is this a bug ?

Thanks,
Vlad

3 answers

1 vote
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2017

The -e and --email flags flags have been removed from Docker engine as of release 17.06, so presumably the Docker CLI on your agents is a more recent version.

I don't know off hand how the Bamboo Docker task handles this, but given that all fields are optional because you can "Leave these credentials empty to use the agent's ~/.dockercfg credentials" (which would also be a workaround accordingly), it might just do the right thing and skip the -e flag when you don't specify an email address.

Vlad Budica August 6, 2017

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply.
Could you give me the exact path to the dockercfg file ?
It's now clear what is the agent's home dir. I have only one agent so the path would be bamboo-home/atlassian-bamboo-6.1.0/.dockercfg ?

Alton Washington August 30, 2017

Hi Vlad we are facing same issue. Were you able to use a workaround.

John Gill January 30, 2018

Great solution here, sadly Email is not optional for all Docker plugin version. I'm currently dealing with this in Bambo 6.1.

0 votes
Vlad Budica September 7, 2017

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for your reply we will se if we still need this functionality.

Thanks,
Vlad

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2017

Hello @Vlad Budica,

It's known issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-18613 which is fixed in Bamboo 6.2.0 planned for release end of September.

You can try updated version of docker plugin from https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/bamboo-docker-plugin/downloads/ for older versions of Bamboo, but we not guarantee it is 100% compatible

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events