Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Deployment Project - Deletion From UI and not recreated by Bamboo Specs in Java

RajVerma7099 March 3, 2019

Hi Team,

I am having one Scenario where Bamboo Deployment project along with Environment is created by Bamboo Specs in Java. After that deleted one of the Environment and I reran bamboo Scan on the repository - In the logs can see environment generated but after deletion from UI, Permission are not getting reflected properly.

Admin can see the environment and confirmed permission is not set that is the reason I am not able to see.

Can you help me in understanding what happens if delete environment from UI ?

Please advise how can i resolve this issue ?

2 answers

0 votes
Victor Debone
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2019

Hello @Raj Verma

From the information that you provided, it seems that your Bamboo Specs is missing the permission object for the environment, that's why you cannot see it.

You can do it like this:

EnvironmentPermissions environmentPermission = new EnvironmentPermissions("My deployment project")
    .environmentName("QA")
    .permissions(new Permissions()
        .loggedInUserPermissions(PermissionType.VIEW)
);

More information regarding this is available at https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs-docs/6.7.2/specs-java.html#environments

Meanwhile, I see that you and your team is actively using Bamboo Specs Java and we are considering some improvements for users of Bamboo Specs. We are looking to hear some feedback from customers, so if you could reach me at vdebone@atlassian.com, you could make part of this conversation :)

Victor

RajVerma7099 March 4, 2019

Thanks Victor I am doing this when creating environment and adding permissions. How can i make sure in Bamboo Specs after Deletion from UI it again apply permissions as it did for the first time while creating environment. Issue is second time after deleting from UI again ran bamboo scan on repository it was creating environment except permissions.

Like Marty likes this
Victor Debone
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2019

Ok, in this case I'm gathering more information regarding this reapply of permissions. One alternative is to delete these environments from the Repository Specs. If they are not defined when the Specs is run, they are going to be deleted.

In other hand, I'm curious about the use-case of removing the environments from the UI after creating them from the Repository Specs, could you share more details how you tipped into this problem? If you are not comfortable in sharing it publicly, you can send an email to vdebone@atlassian.com and we can discuss more. 

0 votes
Marty
Atlassian Team
March 3, 2019

Hi Raj,

I am not on the Bamboo team but I will try to help.

Can you explain more about what you mean by "Permission are not getting reflected properly." ?

Like i am not able to see environment after deleting from UI and then again running Bamboo Scan. Admin can see environments but not myself.

As Admin can see why I am not . That is the reason Question is what happened after deletion if you again recreate environments the permissions not getting reflected properly 

Victor Debone
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2019

Hello @RajVerma7099

EDIT:

Moved my reply to an answer so other users can see.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events