Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Bamboo Deployment Plan With Multiple Docker Images

Edited

I need to create a YAML deployment plan for an environment that has multiple tasks, each using a different Docker image and different commands being run in the Docker image. And I'm having trouble determining how to do that.

First, I just want to verify that stages cannot be created in a deployment plan, correct?

If stages can't be used, how can I run different Docker images with different sets of commands in a deployment plan? Let's assume I have an environment named "Preprod" and I want to run some tasks similar to: 

• Deploy Application (Docker image #1, commands A, B, C)
  • Run Selenium Tests (Docker image #2, command D)
  • Run OWasp ZAP Scan (Docker image #3, command E)

Is there a way to do this in a YAML deployment plan?

I suppose I could run these tasks as additional stages in the build plan. And just forget using a deployment plan. Or, I suppose another option would be to create a single, composite Docker image with everything I need and use that single image.

What's the best way to approach this deployment plan in Bamboo?

Would appreciate any insight from those more experienced with Bamboo. 

Thanks

1 answer

HI @Geary Sutterfield ,

The best approach in here would be running the tasks as additional stages in the build plan since Deployment Environment do not present the Stages concept.

Alternatively, you could be running Ansible, docker-compose or something you could use to orchestrate the behaviour and commands you have mentioned, calling it as a Script task for simplicity.

Kind regards,
Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events