• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bamboo Deployment Plan With Multiple Docker Images Edited

I need to create a YAML deployment plan for an environment that has multiple tasks, each using a different Docker image and different commands being run in the Docker image. And I'm having trouble determining how to do that.

First, I just want to verify that stages cannot be created in a deployment plan, correct?

If stages can't be used, how can I run different Docker images with different sets of commands in a deployment plan? Let's assume I have an environment named "Preprod" and I want to run some tasks similar to: 

• Deploy Application (Docker image #1, commands A, B, C)
  • Run Selenium Tests (Docker image #2, command D)
  • Run OWasp ZAP Scan (Docker image #3, command E)

Is there a way to do this in a YAML deployment plan?

I suppose I could run these tasks as additional stages in the build plan. And just forget using a deployment plan. Or, I suppose another option would be to create a single, composite Docker image with everything I need and use that single image.

What's the best way to approach this deployment plan in Bamboo?

Would appreciate any insight from those more experienced with Bamboo. 

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes

HI @Geary Sutterfield ,

The best approach in here would be running the tasks as additional stages in the build plan since Deployment Environment do not present the Stages concept.

Alternatively, you could be running Ansible, docker-compose or something you could use to orchestrate the behaviour and commands you have mentioned, calling it as a Script task for simplicity.

Kind regards,
Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.1 is here and is packed with value!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.1 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. Top-voted issues First and foremost, a bunch of JAC top voted issues has been delivered - y...

696 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you