Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Agent 3.3.2 seems to loose os.name on the way

Christian Schneider November 13, 2011

On the verge of migrating from v2.4 to 3.3.2 i`am facing some odd behaviour from the Standalone Agent on an IBM z/OS V1.11. I was able to run the Agent under Unix System Services with the jvm parameter -Dos.name=unix. This made the spacecheck in org.apache.commons.io.FileSystemUtils work. With the 3.3.2 Agent i`am getting lots of java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unsupported operating system at org.apache.commons.io.FileSystemUtils.freeSpaceOS(FileSystemUtils.java:200) even with the env. variable set.

The Agent seems to loose or unset the variable while running which is kind of odd.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Schneider November 14, 2011

After some more testing i came to the enlightnment that the issue is a JDK one. Appareantly the IBM JDK overwrites the os.name variable which makes my workaround of setting it manually to something already known by apache.commons.io worthless. Great!

Have to dig in the IBM Docs to investigate a little bit further. Extending apache.commons.io would probably an option.

0 votes
Christian Schneider November 14, 2011

as a follow up to the suggested Solution (modified apache.commons.ioFileSystemUtils.java)... I`am appareantly not able to modifiy the Agents Classpath (Dir) on the Client side. The Classpath zip with the Agents Classpath`s jar`s gets downloaded from the Bamboo server and modifying the classpath dir`s contents only triggers redownloading on agent restart.

Also working with -cp on the agents startup command does not seem to work at all.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events