cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo 6.10 Hanging Builds

jmoran888
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 5, 2019

I have two instances of Bamboo one is 6.8.0 and the other one is 6.10.  I have the same build job on both which is running a clean war on a grails application - I have no issues running it on 6.8.0 - it completes in about 2 minutes.  However on the 6.10 box it just hangs on the compile and finally blows up the box from high CPU and high memory.  The hardware is exactly the same 4GB RAM 2vCPU's 80GB SSD - I created the 6.10 version by creating a new instance of the 6.8.0 box and then doing the upgrade.  The only configuration difference is the 6.8.0 had the H2 DB and the 6.10 has an external Postgres DB.  

I tried adding and uncommenting the JVM options to the setenv.sh but still hangs and then blows up.

Code Snippet from setenv.sh

#  Occasionally Atlassian Support may recommend that you set some specific JVM arguments.  You can use this variable below to do that.

#

${JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS:="-XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -verbose:gc -Xloggc:gc.log -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError"}

#

#  Uncomment the line below to enable the Byteman agent.

#

#JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="$JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS -javaagent:../tools/byteman/lib/byteman.jar=listener:true"

#

# The following 2 settings control the minimum and maximum given to the Bamboo Java virtual machine.  In larger Bamboo instances, the amounts will need to be increased.

# We recommend that the minimum and maximum be set to the same value.

#

${JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY:=1024m}

${JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY:=2048m}

#

# The following are the required arguments need for Bamboo standalone.

#

${JVM_REQUIRED_ARGS:="-XX:+UseG1GC"}

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jmoran888
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 5, 2019

Ok i had to Add JAVA_OPTS to the environment variables on the build task and it worked

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events