Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated (unattended) Bamboo Server install

kai-shelde July 18, 2018

Hi Community,

Is it possible to do a complete unattended Bamboo Server (master) install via script (only)?

From start to running instance (without using a previous install instance) ?

There's a lot of software available where this is possible (Splunk, Jenkins etc). But as far as I can make out from available literature - the first local admin credentials always need to be created via UI for Bamboo. 

Any thoughts anyone ??

thanks
Regards

Kai

2 answers

1 vote
Gabriel Ribeiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2018

Hello Kai,

Unfortunately Bamboo doesn't have anything embedded for that so I started experimenting some options a while ago using Python + Mechanize, the script basically needs a fresh Bamboo installation (for my tests I used a Docker container) and uses web scrapping to automate the UI part. I committed what I have so far to a public repo, it needs some polishing but you can use as a reference:

Docker image used:

docker run -d \
--name bamboo \
-v ~/dockerdata/bamboo:/var/atlassian/application-data/bamboo \
-h bamboo \
-p 8085:8085 \
-p 54663:54663 \
dchevell/bamboo

ps. I'm using docker on macOS, it might be needed to adjust the volume biding option.

Link to my project:

It would be great if you could contribute to the project or create a new one and share with us.

thanks

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2018

Added to my colleague's update, if you have hosted Bamboo on AWS, you may also use our Bamboo Server EC2 Wizard. This will get your Bamboo server up and running in AWS in less than 10 minutes. You can get this jar file and automate the entire configuration.

In short, to run the wizard, you will just have to execute:

java -jar bamboo-server-ec2-wizard.jar

Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events