Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Bamboo Agent Stuck in Registering

Jack October 29, 2020

I cannot complete the registration of a Bamboo agent. It just says loading in the logs.

Doing a telnet bamboo-server-host 8085 works but telnet bamboo-server-host 54663 does not. I cannot confirm but this might be the reason why it's not registering.

There are no firewalls that prevent 54663 from being accessed.

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2020

Hi @Jack ,

Bamboo server and agents need 2 ports to talk to each other.

• Port of the Bamboo itself: 8085 by default and when no proxy is used
  • Port of the broker: 54663 by default. You'll find the full broker URL in the Bamboo admin panel (System -> General Configuration)

The traffic between agent and server is bi-directional, initial connections are only sent from agent to server. Responses are sent from server to agent. So, ensure that telnet to 54663 works from your agent.

For more info: Technical Overview of Remote Agent Connectivity Mechanism

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Jey

Jack October 29, 2020

Hi Jey, thanks for the response. Yes, that's my concern. For some reason, 54663 is not accessible from the agent. Although 8085 is accessible.

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2020

For some reason, 54663 is not accessible from the agent. Although 8085 is accessible.

You'd need to work with your network admins to make this port accessible from the agent.

I'm confident that you can see the agent loading on the server once 54663 is accessible.

Cheers,
Jey

Jack October 29, 2020

Hi @Jeyanthan I this doesn't work either so I don't think that's the problem.

telnet localhost 54663
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Trying ::1...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Cannot assign requested address

Jack October 29, 2020

This is from the Bamboo server host.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events