Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artifact handler question

Terry Lim August 29, 2018

I have a remote agent that I want to generate 2 artifacts. One, A,  is very large that I want to store on the remote agent. The second, B, is small and is needed by a local agent on the bamboo server as input to another build. So, if I enable the Agent-local artifact handler for the plan, A and B will stay on the remote agent, but will the server be able to get B since another plan has it as a depedency?

If not, is there another way to do this? (Artifacts A and B need to be generated from the same version in the repository)

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Gabriel Ribeiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2018

Hi Terry,

If you store the artifacts only on the remote agent, it will be available only for plans running on this agent.

Is artifact A also shared? What you can try is to keep non-shared artifacts on agent's environment and move only the shared ones to the server or to an S3 Bucket.

The following documentation exemplifies some use-case scenarios that I'm sure will help you to understand how this feature works:

Let us know if you have any other question.

thanks

Terry Lim September 6, 2018

Thanks for your reply.

A is also shared so it can be used by a deployment. I looked at the link previously, but I found it confusing. It didn't seem my use-case was covered. What I did to work around this was to create an intermediate plan that runs on the remote agent that has remote and agent-local enabled. The plan simply downloads B and then publishes it as a new artifact. I think the root issue is that you cannot control how each individual artifact it managed, its all or nothing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events