Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there still corruption/compatibility issues using DbVisualizer with Bamboo's Embedded H2

timothy schmidt January 14, 2019

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/bamboo-hsql-database-corruption-caused-by-dbvisualizer-372605421.html

The KB above indicates driver compat issues causing corruption.

1,  Is this still an issue?

2. The solution references a duplicating driver from a jar file

BambooInstall/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/hsqldb-1.8.0.7.jar

which has a locatoin & naming convention which seems to be different than the one I see 

D:\BAMBOO\bamboo-6.7.1\bamboo\atlassian-bamboo\WEB-INF\lib\h2-1.4.194.jar

2.1  Is this the same/correct file?

The accompanying "instructions" :

You just need to download and add the correct version of HSQL driver for DBVisualizer  (Tolls -> Driver Manager. Duplicate the existing HSQL driver and configure it to point to the newly downloaded version of HSQL driver), and use that version of driver when you need to connect to a Bamboo DB.

Are sufficiently unspecific enough to be somewhat confusing.

Are there any other clearer instructional links re. this issue, or could someone provide a more specific list of actions needed to effect the required configuration(s)?

Thanks!

Tim S.

P.S.

I'm using 6.7.1 of Bamboo and  I'm using the 10.0.16 of DbVisualizer

Product: DbVisualizer Free 10.0.16 [Build #2874]
OS Version: 6.3
OS Arch: amd64
Java Version: 1.8.0_192
Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java Home: c:\program files\dbvisualizer\jre
DbVis Home: C:\Program Files\DbVisualizer
User Home: C:\Users\S_xldeployrelease
PrefsDir: C:\Users\S_xldeployrelease\.dbvis
SessionId: 101
BindDir: null

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2019

Hi @timothy schmidt,

That KB was designed to HSQL DB which was the old version of Bamboo embedded DB. As you may know, this database is not very safe, bing more susceptible to corruption in case of hardware or software instabilities.  Newer versions of Bamboo are using H2 which should be more reliable then HSQL but still an unsafe DB that should only be only used for evaluation purposes. This DB should not be used in production environments. You should instead use Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL.

In case you need to connect to H2 DB to check any data from your instance, I do recommend you using this article: Accessing Bamboo's H2 embedded database.

Answering your questions:

1,  Is this still an issue?

I can't answer this one with the data we have, but I would expect improvements from HSQL to H2.

Is this the same/correct file?

As you already discovered the file is a little bit different, since the driver is now for H2. More details can be found in the doc shared above.

I hope I could clarify why you saw those differences.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events