So, when I start up an Agent I can see the "A remote agent is loading in..." message. But the agent (nearly) always gets the "java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect" error and has to retry. The funny thing is, it will connect eventually. But sometimes it takes 10 minutes before the agent manages to register itself to Bamboo and at other times it takes up to one hour or even more!
I know this never was a problem earlier on but I don't know what version of Bamboo we were running back then or if it has anything to do with the problem at all. We're running 3.4.3 now and I installed the newest agents. What's really startling me is that it works eventually. It would be another thing if it just couldn't connect at all. Then, I'd suspect the network to be the culprit. But at this point I really don't think so.
Here is what I've done allready:
After all this the problem still exists and I'm running out of ideas.
Sure hope anyone of you has any suggestions. I'd be really appreciated!
It seems to have been a DNS problem after all. I used the IP on the Agent servers but I also had to set it in the bamboo.cfg.xml file on the bamboo server. The bamboo.jms.broker.client.uri, to be precise. Just in case anyone else encounters this problem.
I had a similar problem. It looks like Bamboo sends the broker URL to the agent & it was sending it's local hostname, which isn't the same as the external hostname the agent needed to use. I've updated bamboo.cfg.xml & the Bamboo server hostname so it's all good. Thanks for the tip!
We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs