Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Console not shown on Bamboo 6.7.1

Deleted user January 28, 2019

Bamboo is upgraded to 6.7.1 from 6.5.0 but as per the 6.7 release notes I am trying to configure the bamboo docker agent as per below link but I don't see the agent console on my bamboo 6.7.1,please advise.

https://hub.docker.com/r/atlassian/bamboo-agent-base/

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2019

Hi @[deleted],

Possibly there was a problem with the command to set the docker container and it was not able to connect with Bamboo server.

Please try the following to clean the old test:

1. docker stop <OLD_CONTAINER_NAME>
  2. docker rm <OLD_CONTAINER_NAME>
  3. docker volume rm <OLD_CONTAINER_VOLUME>

And this to start a new agent container:

1. docker volume create --name <VOLUME_NAME>

docker run \
    --name="<CONTAINER_NAME>" \
    -v <VOLUME_NAME>:/home/bamboo/bamboo-agent-home \
    --init \
    -d atlassian/bamboo-agent-base <BAMBOO_URL>

In case it does not work, please check the errors using:

1. docker logs -f <CONTAINER_NAME>

Please give it a try and let us know what you get.

Deleted user January 30, 2019

bamboo-stage.PNGHi Daniel,

Do you want me to execute the given docker commands on bamboo agents or bamboo server? please advise. Thanks.

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2019

Hey, I got your point on agent console. The description in docker hub is a little bit confusing. I'll work on finding the people who maintain that page to update it, it is a different Atlassian team.

Those commands can be run in a Linux machine that is in the same network of the Bamboo server. They could also be run in the server. Keep in mind that each container will be a new remote agent and you need to have enough resources to support them.

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
February 4, 2019

Hi @[deleted],

The page https://hub.docker.com/r/atlassian/bamboo-agent-base/ was fixed.

The command to start the docker container is now correct. Before there was a problem with the way docker hub render the < (lower than) and > (greater than) signs.

Anyway, the commands I shared before should address correctly the agent creation and removal. Basically, it is the same information you see in https://hub.docker.com/r/atlassian/bamboo-agent-base/ but with some more docker commands.

Please let me know if you still have problems to create and remove agent container.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
0 votes
Deleted user January 31, 2019

thank you,please let me know once you have information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events